Vegan Spanish Hot Chocolate
Want to taste a completely new spin on an old favorite? You must try Spanish Hot Chocolate!
Warm, creamy and rich, Spanish Hot Chocolate surprises you with it's thick texture. A single sip and you're amazed at the confluence of flavors inside your mouth. Chocolate and cinnamon are old friends, but who would've thought a dash of pepper had any place in a mug of hot chocolate? Astonishingly, it does a marvelous job of bringing out the deep chocolatey goodness of the drink, while adding its own striking notes.
We've made this version vegan with Tempt Hemp Vanilla Hemp Milk to add another layer of flavors to this beautiful medley. Serve with a bowl of piping hot churros for the perfect fulfilling snack!
- 2 cups Tempt Hemp Vanilla Hemp Milk
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Yields: 2 cups
Time Taken: 10 mins
- HEAT - Place 1 cup of the vanilla hemp milk on low heat. Add the cinnamon and ground pepper and mix well. Let the spices infuse well into the milk. Now stir in the dark chocolate pieces into the warm milk. Keep stirring till the chocolate is completely melted. Keep the heat low.
- MIX - Add the cornstarch to the other cup of milk and mix well. Keep stirring to avoid lumps and mix till the cornstarch is fully dissolved in the milk. Pour this into the warm pan of chocolate milk and keep whisking till you'll get a thick creamy mixture.
- SWEETEN - Add sugar to the thick chocolate milk and mix well.
- POUR - Pour into mugs and serve with hot churros