Allergy-free, 2-Ingredient Cake Mix Donuts
Donuts are that glorious all-American snack that you can have for breakfast, lunch or dinner! But what do you do if a donut craving strikes and your favorite donut shop is too far? Bake some yourself, of course!
This donut recipe uses just one other ingredient, besides Cherrybrook Kitchen's Gluten-free Allergy-friendly Chocolate Cake Mix to create spongy, melt-in-your-mouth donuts. It gets better. These donuts are baked, not fried, so you can snack away without the guilt!
For the donuts
- 1 box of Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten-free Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 box of Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten-free Chocolate Frosting Mix
- 2 sticks of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons Tempt Hemp Milk
Yields : 12 donuts
Total time : 25 minutes
PREHEAT - Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Grease donut pans well and keep ready.
MIX - In a large bowl, add the dry cake mix and the mashed bananas and mix well. Whisk till the batter is blended completely. Pour batter into a gallon-sized resealable bag. Close bag and snip off one bottom corner.
BAKE - Pipe the batter into the greased donut pans. Bake for 7 - 8 minutes, or till the donuts become spongy.
- COOL - Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack
- FROST - This is completely optional. Blend the frosting mix with butter and hemp milk till smooth. Do not cool. Pour the liquid frosting over the donuts as they sit cooling a wire rack. Place a cookie sheet under your cooling rack to catch any frosting drippings.
*Recipe inspired by The Baker Mama